Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 14: Informing Another

So I have a little brother who is seventeen years old and I decided he would be perfect for this kind of thing. First I asked him what kind of personal information he puts on the internet and then we discussed the risks of each item he listed. I talked to him about what I had learned about being able to get a one-time-use credit card number or email account. I also shared with him about the importance of not becoming consumed in cyberspace and shared with him a couple of quotes from Elder Bednar's talk. I also cautioned about identity theft and the importance of keeping parents informed of what they are doing on the internet. It was really easy because my little brother is an intelligent person and really paranoid. He already untags himself in pictures online, ignores friend requests from people he doesn't know and an email account he only gives out when websites ask him for an email address. However, he was interested in the fake email website which would be safer than a single email account that he always gives out. So overall, I felt like he learned some new things and I was able to learn a lot to prepare my little lesson to give to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment