Monday, April 19, 2010

Final Blog Reflection

Here is the link to the blog Also here is the link to my lesson plan on the wiki.

Now for my final blog reflection. I have narrowed it down to the two most useful technologies that I will plan on using in my classroom. The first is the class website. I have been thinking about how I could create a mini-Blackboard in my own classroom: a place where I can upload assignment sheets and links. Though I would never place grades on my class website, it is a useful source for my students to have access to outside of school. I don't know how many times I forgot an assignment sheet in my locker--or even my book at school, and this website will help students be able to access any document and helpful links from their homes.

The second technology I really enjoyed was the Wiki, which I chose to explore for my Personal Technology Project. I know when I do group projects here at college, my inbox is flooded with random emails from all group members or the conversation links fill the entire page and I can't find the information or link I need. The Wiki solves all of those problems. It's efficient and easy to re-examine previously discussed topics, as well as easy for me as a teacher to see which students are participating and who is doing most of the work. And for educaitonal purposes the Wiki is free.

I would just like to end by saying that I really enjoyed this class. I learned so much about how to use technology effectively in the classroom--not just throwing in technology for the sake of having technology in the classroom. Also, it opened my eyes up to so many FREE resources we have access to as teachers. I will definitely use the things I have learned in this class in my own classroom. Thank you so much for a wonderful and educational semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment