Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 12


For this project I chose to make a book trailor for the YA novel The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I would probably use this to replace a book report--paired with a question and answer period and a single paragraph explaining their favorite scene in the novel and why. This could easily be done individually as well in groups. It would help showcase the student's ability to pick out important themes, ideas and scenes from a book they have read; at the same time, it would also give the opportunity to showcase thirty books (if I chose to have them do it individually) to my class in a quick, effective way. It might help my students find other books they would be interested in reading and maybe pick up a book without me making them for a grade.
I could also use this as an introduction for a new book we are reading. It would help the kids get excited about the new novel we are reading--maybe I could even make Romeo and Juliet or Huck Finn appear interesting to my students. It could help motivate them to read the book to learn what happens in the story.

I made this movie with Windows Movie Maker.

1 comment: